Friday, September 12, 2008

About "Never Too Old"

This show celebrates those of us in the "upper demographic", or "baby boomers"...40s, 50s, 60s and so on who are active, energetic, engaged in life and out there making some valuable contributions. It's a unique mix of classics and current music and interviews. The music that we all grew up with and paved the way for artists to follow matters just as much to us today as when we were younger...we think it still holds up and deserves a place to be heard. Plus, there are many musicians and artists out there in this demographic that are far from "over", creating great music and work today. We'll introduce you to some of them on this show and let you hear what they've got going on right now.

If you're Generation X, Y, or younger, we especially welcome you to listen. Learn a bit about pop music history, explore some classic country, and meet some seasoned artists who still know their way around a good tune. We guarantee you'll come away as a new fan of somebody.

For me, doing this show fulfills a longtime dream to do something in radio. I grew up listening to the radio and have had a lifelong passion for it, as many who explored my website have figured out. I just happened to find out about Radio Free Nashville simply by picking up a flyer left in a library one day. I'm blessed to have this opportunity to share the music I love and help bring recognition to some of the great talent we have here in Nashville. I haven't done radio since my college days, so I am very excited. I have a list of folks I want to get on the show for interviews. Until I can get that going, the first couple of shows will probably be just music.

You're never too old to appreciate the past...and never too old to embrace the future.

No comments: