Sunday, December 13, 2009

12/13/09 Blog/Playlist: Twist On Christmas 2009

Today's show was my second "twist on Christmas". Last year the archive of the show I did got lost so I just figured I'd do it over. I've got some songs that are a little bit different, kind of fun and clever. I did some of these last year so I thought I'd bring them back once again. Some are old and some are new and we'll mix them into this set. Let's start with a song from one of the great Christmas albums in the history of rock and roll, the Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector.

Darlene Love – Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Denver and the Mile High Orchestra – Frosty the Blues Man
Waitresses – Christmas Wrapping
Diona Devincenzi – Merry Christmas To Me
(This song has ministered to me personally, particularly last Christmas Eve when plans fell apart at the last minute!)

Record Box:
If you grew up in the 60s chances are your mom and had mostly likely had the album "Merry Christmas" by Johnny Mathis and if they were like my mom, played it over and over again until you just couldn't get it out of your head. So here's one of those songs.

Johnny Mathis – Sleigh Ride
Brenda Lee – Rockin Around the Christmas Tree
Claudine Clark – Party Lights
Darlene Love – Marshmallow World
Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
Friend and Lover – Reach Out In The Darkness

Also want to remind you that my guest next week for the last live show will be Lance Hoppen of Orleans. So do tune in for that!

Soul Stew
Impressions – Amen
Jerry Butler – Mr. Dream Merchant
Four Tops – Ask the Lonely
Stevie Wonder – Someday At Christmas

Current:
Stephen Hill and Woody Wright - Come and See What's Happening in the Barn
Eve Selis – Do You Know Me

Frequency to the Heart
Real quick one this week--it's a rough time financially for a lot of folks this year. Take a look around you, see who's struggling and see if you can do something special, needed and unexpected...discover and delight somebody in need!

This season does a number on my sinuses and I'm hearing it on the mike the past couple of weeks. I wish they'd clear up.

No comments: