Friday, December 11, 2009

Announcement

I have an announcement to make about "Never Too Old".

I will be "moving back to the old neighborhood" (no, not the Twin Cities!). I've been spending a lot of time lately in my original time period of 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon being an occasional sidekick with my dear friend T.J. Kirby at "T.J. and Company" and I even filled in for him last weekend. We've had a lot of fun and some nice feedback when we were on the air together. I've also been helping him out over the past few months with administrative details for the show. We've talked about teaming up for quite some time. I've finally decided to do that.

So, at the end of the month, I will bring "Never Too Old" to a close and I will be joining "T.J. and Company" on Saturday afternoons from 3-5 p.m as a regular sidekick and co-producer sometime in January. My last live broadcast in this Sunday 8 a.m. time slot will be next Sunday, December 20, when my guest will be Lance Hoppen of Orleans. There will be a show rebroadcast on the 27th (don't know which one at this point).

T.J. and I are very excited about the plans we have for the show...we think it's going to be very unique and entertaining and we're working on some great guest lineups. You'll hear a lot of the same music that you've heard on Never Too Old each week; we've always had that similarity going on so it's just another reason that it makes sense for us to combine our efforts. And yeah, I did start feeling a little burned out on getting up and rushing out the door early Sunday mornings!

I do hope you will join us on Saturday afternoons. And yes, there will be a new "T.J. and Company" show blog, so watch for that as well! This blog will remain up and archived after "Never Too Old" ends...there's still a lot of good stuff in it, after all!

I know I'll probably repeat this, but I do thank everyone who supported me and this show, and most especially all the guests who got up at an ungodly hour for them to join me.

A new era in radio is about to begin!

No comments: