Saturday, December 20, 2008

Programming Note: Never Too Old moves to Sunday morning 8-9 a.m. starting 1/4/2009

The 12/20/08 show is the last live show for the year on a Saturday. There will be a rebroadcast for next Saturday since I planned a break.

Beginning on January 4, "Never Too Old" will return live with a new day and time: Sunday mornings from 8-9 a.m. The reason for the change is due to, like most things these days, the economy. I've been laid off and out of work since July and so I've had to try to grab whatever I could get workwise. Unfortunately, the pickings these days are those options where you need to work weekends. Thus, I've found it necessary to free up Saturdays for work opportunities. (In fact, I have an upcoming temp job lined up which is a 7 day a week stretch over two weeks. Feast or famine!)

The decision to move was a difficult one. As I've said in past weeks, I've had a great time being part of this Saturday afternoon lineup. I want to acknowledge that I have been on both sides of some wonderful programming by two extraordinarily talented people. However, I am looking forward to preceding the show "Samurai Songs" with Kerry Miller. This show features the music of the Japanese flute, and if you've never heard it, I think you will find it a calming, peaceful and tranquil way to spend part of your morning. Kerry's a good guy, too. I hope some of you will be able to follow me from Saturday to Sunday, but if not, the blog will continue and you can keep up with the show there.

Now what was I saying last week about change being constant...?

No comments: